• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Recommendation

Not sure if this forum is the best place for this, but I just want to put in a plug for a new book - Fluid Forms, by the late Liam Flynn, an Irish woodturner who died too young. I saw this book reviewed in the AAW Journal and ordered it from a woman named Mary Leahy, who was a friend of his. This book is wonderful - it shows many beautiful examples of his work with excellent photographs and gives you a sense of what it means to be a really fine wood artist. Mary's contact info is painterleahy@icloud.com. With postage, it cost me about $75 US. Worth every penny.

Back