• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Ray Key

Ray had a special way about him. He would seem very serious and engrossed in what he was demonstrating, and then out of the blue, he'd make a funny, often at his own expense. He was demanding of his own work but gracious and generous about others'. He always seemed surprised that his work and skill were highly appreciated and recognized. We've lost a wonderful man.

Craft Supplies sponsored a series of videos presented by Ray Key which are still available for viewing on YouTube. Sorry to hear of his passing!

I am very glad that I spent a Saturday a long time ago watching Mr. Key in a small setting in Chicago. I bought one of his boxes, and it is probably the nicest piece we own. I still enjoy watching his videos.
I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Back