• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Please Identify This Delta Lathe

I would very much appreciate any help the turning community can offer me in identifying the Delta lathe in the attached photo. Model number? Vintage? Vital stats (motor hp, spindle threading, swing, etc)? I tried Web searching for Delta photos, but found none with the same configuration of on/off switch, speed control, and "for your own safety" plate. (I suppose it's possible that the on/off switch is a modification.) Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20181215_171813257.jpg
    IMG_20181215_171813257.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 76
I would very much appreciate any help the turning community can offer me in identifying the Delta lathe in the attached photo. Model number? Vintage? Vital stats (motor hp, spindle threading, swing, etc)? I tried Web searching for Delta photos, but found none with the same configuration of on/off switch, speed control, and "for your own safety" plate. (I suppose it's possible that the on/off switch is a modification.) Many thanks.
Looks alot like the Delta 46-525 I started with

Attachments

• first lathe rockwell-Delta 46-525.jpg
    first lathe rockwell-Delta 46-525.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 35
My first new lathe too. Started with a home-made one first. My Mom bought one for me when my Dad died. Long story, but my little brother got the farm, I got the lathe. Came as a package with a set of crappy tools and even crappier expanding chuck. Learning to turn with that chuck was "interesting". It only worked in a mortise, and had a tapered plug of aluminum that expanded the jaws. Get a catch and the jaws expanded until the bowl exploded. Lathe was one noisey machine. The Reeves drive and incredibly long drive belt was LOUD! The cabinet acted like a bass drum. Sold it and bought my Oneway 2436 in 1998.

Back