• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Pewa Patches

I recently came across a bowl blank that was a perfect candidate for a pewa patch. I figured I would ask @Emiliano Achaval for some advice because, in my opinion, he does some really awesome pewa patches. I went onto his website and noticed that he is doing a remote demonstration on August 1st. at 1pm Hawaii time. The demo is going to cover calabashes and pewa patches. (What a coincidence) Plus the demo is only $10. I thought I would just share this here in case anyone else is interested in these topics. You can sign up at https://www.hawaiiankoaturner.com/remote-demos/

I recently came across a bowl blank that was a perfect candidate for a pewa patch. I figured I would ask @Emiliano Achaval for some advice because, in my opinion, he does some really awesome pewa patches. I went onto his website and noticed that he is doing a remote demonstration on August 1st. at 1pm Hawaii time. The demo is going to cover calabashes and pewa patches. (What a coincidence) Plus the demo is only $10. I thought I would just share this here in case anyone else is interested in these topics. You can sign up at https://www.hawaiiankoaturner.com/remote-demos/
I'll be there.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I’ll be there two. I never realized the math involved in the proportions of a true calabash. Awesome handouts, Emiliano!
We will talk about that during the demo. I felt people needed something to fall back on, a guideline so after I'm done you can go back and have something to follow. I'm pleased that you liked the handouts. See you at the demo!

Back