• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Ornament Packaging Suggestions

Website
www.mikepeacewoodturning.com
Here is how I package Christmas ornaments for wrapping or shipping. The smaller one is an empty instant tea or lemonade package. Seems like every brand is the same size. It is approx 2 3/4" by 6 1/2". The ornament is maple with a walnut finial and cap.
Tea container & ornament 101_0173 (Large).JPG

The larger one is a tennis can 8 3/4" X 3". The empty cans are readily available from any regular tennis player or in the trash cans on the tennis courts. A little tissue paper and your ornament is safely protected. This ornament is box elder with a Padauk finial and cap.
10S can & ornament 101_0174 (Large).JPG

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I'm not making Christmas ornaments myself, but I can see that is a great idea! There will be some reading this thread that are bound to be using your tip......

Related comment: I'm one of those crazy guys that saves containers like that. Coffee cans, margarine tubs, any and all reusable containers with lids. I've got a couple of huge boxes full of these containers.....from tiny little carbide cutter containers, all the way up to 5gal buckets!

I'll probably never use all of them, but it's sure nice to have a wide assortment of containers to choose from when I do need one......and, by looking around in my shop, it's obvious that I've been needing and using these containers for years!

.....and the best thing about collecting these containers......they're freebies!

ooc

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Bobby Clemons found some great clear tubes in different lenghts with ends that he uses to send his ornaments. I don't know where he gets them but I'm sure it's from a commercial packaging company. I'll try to remember to ask him.

Bobby Clemons found some great clear tubes in different lenghts with ends that he uses to send his ornaments. I don't know where he gets them but I'm sure it's from a commercial packaging company. I'll try to remember to ask him.

I've received some flyers in the mail packed that way; a clear tube with red plastic end caps - probably other colors available too. Try Kinko's and similar mail forwarders - even USPS; advertising and PR agencies might identify sources.

Back