• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oliver 159

Peter, if no one here has a solution you might consider posing the question of OWWM.org. Someone, probably several, will know the answer.

All the best, Tom

Peter, on my 159 the spindle lock is a spring loaded knob on top of the headstock. I've never tried to actually lock it down. I usually just hold it down with one hand while I do whatever I'm trying to get done with the other. But the spring on mine isn't terribly strong so I would think you could duct tape it down and be able to work with both hands. Another method would be to make an indexing wheel and attach it to the outboard side of the spindle in place of the handwheel. Then you could make something to pin the index wheel in place.

Back