• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Odie's Oil Vs Osmo Oil

Has anyone used both of these products? I've recently started using the Osmo Oil and like it very much and suspect that the Osmo Oil is very similiar to Odie's, but I'm always looking for new finishes to try.

I trust no Odies are harmed in the manufacture of this product :).

I haven't tried Odie's Oil, but from the product description it seems similar to other mineral oil and wax products, like Howards.

I believe that Osmo Poly-X and other hardwax oils actually go through a cuing process, where mineral oil and wax does not.

But the manufacturers like to keep our understanding at the level of alchemy.

Back