• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Odie's crazy idea #9

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I often remove the tool rest from the banjo, while I'm sanding. Chips usually fall through the tool rest hole, but dust doesn't. As you know, the slightest bit of dust inside the tool rest mount hole, and the tool rest becomes sticky. This has been frustrating for me when I have to stop everything and clean out the tool rest mount hole in the banjo. Often times, when the dust is compressed inbetween the tool rest and banjo hole, it takes more to remove it than a blast of air.

This little item just slips into the hole. and keeps the hole free of dust......works like a charm!

It can be made from just about anything, but I used a piece of scrap 1" dowel and a bit of scrap Masonite.....drill one hole and put it together with a screw.

otis of cologne

Attachments

• banjo dust plug 2 (2).jpg
    banjo dust plug 2 (2).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 442
  • banjo dust plug (2).jpg
    banjo dust plug (2).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 435
Back