• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

NSK Presto high speed handpiece piercing or carving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

FOR SALE
is one NSK Presto 350000 RPM handpiece. This is the preferred handpiece of both turners and carvers. The handpiece has been completely reconditioned with new German made high end GRW ceramic no lube bearings along with a new chuck, wave washer and 'O' rings. Chuck and nose piece wrenches, small bur insertion tool, flexible silicone tubing and owners manual are also provided.

Price is $295 + $10 shipping or pickup in Keller, Texas.
thumb9@verizon.net

DSC07875AAW.jpg DSC07878AAW.jpg

Last edited:
Is it the original NSK Presto or the NSK Presto II? I'm not really sure what the difference is. How does the power compare to the Chinese dental handpieces? I'm definitely interested in it.
Bill,
I believe this is the original NSK Presto. It has much more torque than the Chinese versions you have seen me demo at WNT. To the best of my knowledge the original Presto and the Presto II both use the same turbine and the only difference I can see is a little bit of contour change in the plastic part. There also may be some slight plating difference on the metal. This is identical to the one I use for piercing.
I also made an error in my listing title because I called it a NEC and could not find a way to edit it.
Glynn

Glynn - where did you get the high end German made GRC ceramic bearing for your unit? Already have a Presto but might consider the bearings next time I need new ones.
Jim,
I purchased the bearings from Handpiece Headquarters http://www.handpieceheadquarters.com/highspeed-ceramic-bearings-s/374.htm . This is their part number DRM01S3C. GRC should be GRW. I am editing the listing. Here is their web site https://www.grw.de/en/solutions/research-development/xtra.html.
You would be hard pressed to change the bearings without the pullers and press made for dental handpiece bearing replacement. I bought my set on ebay about 3 years ago and it works great. Search ebay for handpiece bearing tool. They cost a little over $7 from China. I use an X-Acto knife to start the bearing/turbine separation so I can get the puller in.

Last edited:
Bill,
Thanks for fixing the title.
I have done some more investigation on original Presto and the Presto II. The one I have is a Presto II. Originally NSK offered the Presto system with a regulator/filter assembly on a bent metal frame. The metal pieces of the handpiece had a glossy chrome like plating. The Presto II system regulator is in a plastic housing and the handpiece has a satin plating. Both types of handpieces use the same PR-03 cartridge which is the heart of the system.
Glynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back