• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nova DVR Warranty Experience

I hope it's OK to post this. I've owned a NOVA DVR since September 2014. It's mounted on Nova's optional cast iron legs. This was my first purchase of a lathe and I really struggled with which lathe to choose and how much to spend.
I've probably put several hundred hours on it since September and for the most part I've been very pleased with the lathe. I recently noticed a low roaring noise coming from the head stock when I was turning. I called Nova and spoke to a couple of their service techs. They recommended various fixes including balancing the lathe using the leveling screws. I had purchased the legs second hand and the leveling screws were missing, so they told me what bolts to purchase at the local hardware store. I installed the levelers and it did seem to help, but subsequently the noise returned and was even present when there was nothing mounted on the head stock. I called again and they immediately said they would ship a new head stock to me and asked that I send the old one back to them.
When I call their service number I always get a human (unless they are closed) and they always take as much time as is needed to resolve the issue. I was very gratified to receive this kind of customer service and individual attention from the folks at Nova and I thought it deserved a mention to the membership here.
Mark Andrews

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Very glad to hear that. I had a Nova Comet and Nova 3000 and never had a single problem with either one but wanted to do some modifications. They were extremely helpful.

Back