• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Note to the AAW Board et al.

Website
www.flyingcurls.com
I have noticed several improvements lately and wanted to say thank you. The additional communication from Board Members on this site is to be commended. The forum moderators continue to do a great job keeping us on track. Ed has done a wonderful job with the web site by makeing it easier to navigate and is continually adding a wealth of information for us to access. Betty has done a wonderful job with the Journal and it now comes in a poly wrapper. I'm sure that all the others, not on the front lines, have been working hard to improve our organization as well.

My THANKS to all of you.

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
Keith, thanks for the nice note. But before everyone gets too excited about the poly-bags, I should caution that it might not be a permanent thing. This last issue was mailed in the bags as an experiment and the decision to continue the practice has not been made.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I get a lot of magazines (just ask Clay Foster). Only 2 come in poly bags. I do appreciate it they always come in fine shape. My issue of the Journal just got here in the poly bag and it is in perfect condition. I do on rare occasions have magazines come with bent or torn corners. I do like the poly bags but don't find them absolutely necessary as the vast majority of all my magazines arrive in fine condition.

Keith, thanks for the nice note. But before everyone gets too excited about the poly-bags, I should caution that it might not be a permanent thing. This last issue was mailed in the bags as an experiment and the decision to continue the practice has not been made.

Malcolm,

Here is a post I made on another thread. Please keep the poly bag, it's not too much to ask of a Journal of this quality.

Cheers

"I received my AW yesterday and was as happy as a kid on Christmas when I saw the poly bag.... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, someone heard my prayers after all. :D

And what an outstanding job by the Journal team - your the best. I haven't had time to read it all yet, but I did salivate over "Turned and Carved Hollow Vessel" - this is the type of articles I love to see, and keep me coming back for more; the photo's are excellent quality and numerous - showing the process in great detail, this is how we learn and advance in the art.

Keep up the outstanding work, and the poly bag - and I'll keep my subscription up to date. You almost lost me this year, but I gave in.... The Journal is the only real benefit I get out of my membership and I value and save each and every one, and therefore the basis of my frustration over mutilated issues.:mad: Hopefully the poly bag will put an end to my frustrations.:D

Many, many thanks to the Journals team for their outstanding efforts".:D

Back