• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nice work, AAW

This new forum looks just like the Sawmill Creek.org that is also very popular. The use of this technology makes posting and using a real pleasure. I hope you are able to encourage all the AAW members to sign up and sign in! Philip

Website
www.woodturner.org
Thanks Philip. The forum software is the same as that used by the site you mentioned. Both the forum software and the gallery software are far more popular than the existing AAW forum software. There are literally thousands of customers who have installed them. As a result they have a lot more features. We will mention the forum and photo gallery in the June AW Journal.

here's my 2 cents

Shout it out --- GOOD SHOW ;)

Great job guys...

This is a great improvement over the old forum. Takes a bit to learn all the features, but well worth the effort. Thanks for the good work.

By the way, can non-AAW folks use this forum. And, what is a Junior member?

Website
woodturners.underthecouch.com
Mike, you can't post until you register, but I don't think registration is limited to AAW members (I wasn't asked for my AAW number or anything, were you?).

Your membership status is based on the number of posts you've made. I don't know how many posts it takes to move up from Junior, like you and I, to the next level, but Gary (above), has ten and he's still at the Junior level. Oh, and that green light next to your name? Means you're online. Blue is offline.

rick
/who's just trying to get his post count up :D

Last edited:
Website
www.cswwoodworks.com
good answers Rick

Rick is right about all the answers. To finish the questions though, here are the user "levels" for the forum:

Junior Member = 0-29 posts
Member = 30-99 posts
Senior Member = 100+ posts

These are merely to indicate the level of activity of a member on the forums. The forums are open to anyone and everyone who registers to use it. AAW membership is not required.

Back