• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New subforum announcement

Website
www.woodturner.org
I have added this new subforum. This subforum is similar to the other AAW subforums.

The objective of the subforum is to share information in the form of a tip, a technique, or a how-to tutorial. As an example, the content in the "compressed air" thread provided good insight into how to setup a compressed air system. In particular Mark Mandell's tips were educational. See the compressed air discussion thread

In addition to text articles, this subforum will also allow posting of short movies. Again, the objective is to show how something is done. Movies should have a main goal. For example, how to use a bowl gouge, or how to sharpen a skew gouge.

Since movies can occupy lots of bandwidth, they will initially be limited to 2.0 MB. And they are currently limited to WMV and MPG formats.

Questions and discussion about this subforum are encouraged. And it would be great if folks submitted some tips or techniques!! :cool2:

Last edited:
Excellent idea! Thanks Jeff!

Some questions come by regularly. It will be more efficient to refer readers to the proper article in this forum.

I just posted an article about out of round pen barrels, since the subject comes up very often. I hope it will be useful to others.

Thanks, Jeff, and best regards!

Website
www.woodturner.org
Thanks Fred ! I hope folks take advantage of this section to share their knowledge on different topics. The tips you provided for the Pen turning are a great addition to this subforum.

Also, I'm hoping folks take advantage of the ability to submit movies. I had to get that approved by the Board Internet committee.

Website
www.woodturner.org
Thanks Rick, it's now "stuck".

Originally this subforum was going to be moderated to monitor and approve videos. But we have had no video submissions. I'll probably pull the moderation feature off at the end of this week. If we start getting a flood of video submissions I can always turn the moderation feature back on.

Back