• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New(ish) Simple Hollowing System with Laser: Asking $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
I'm selling my Harrison Specialties "Simple Hollowing System". I've used it twice and loved it, but the hand thing again. So I hope someone has been looking for this and will give it a good home :)

Speaking of which, this system takes almost all the stress out of hollowing. The laser is great and easy to set up and the tools are still like new (meaning they've been exposed to maybe an hour's total use on two small projects).
It includes the system with laser, a swan neck hollower, straight hollower and Simple Shear Finisher with an extra carbide cutter.

All the stuff cost $425 new (plus shipping). I'm asking $250 and you pay the shipping (whatever way you'd like it to ship).

You can reach my by private message, email (hepburnmarke @ gmail.com), or text me at 985 860 1106, any time. If you prefer to call, please call after 5 PM Central Time. Thanks very much for looking.

Mark

Here's some information from the website:

Simple Hollowing System for Woodturning Lathe
The Simple Hollowing System is available with a variety of options to suit many woodturners. The base system has no laser or tools. It comes with the articulating arm and all the mounting hardware. You can add the laser using the selections above, or purchase it at a later date.

With the laser always showing exactly where the cutter is inside your hollow form or bowl, all the stress and fear of catches is eliminated. Now precise wall thickness is simple to achieve. For example if you what a 1/4" wall thickness simply set the laser light to shine 1/4" away from the cutter. Then hollow out your vessel until the laser light just falls off the outside of the vessel and you will have a 1/4" wall thickness.

• This system can be used to turn both the inside and outside of a project. That makes it ideal for turners who must turn while seated or who may have other physical limitations making it difficult to hold tools.
  • This fully articulating hollowing system will fit virtually any lathe with split ways, even mini lathes.
  • All Full Size (1/2" round tang) Simple Woodturning Tools™ (see them here) can be used in the system or any other tool with a round ½" tang.
  • This system will also accept 3/8" (mid size) tools with the addition of the SHS Bushing found here: SHS BUSHING
  • The tool holder can be swapped to accept tools with 5/8" round tang. 5/8" Tool Holder available HERE
  • Made in America in Ramsey, Minnesota.

01a.jpg 01b.jpg 02.jpg 02b.jpg 003.jpg 03.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back