• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New guy just starting out

I just ordered a Jet 1440vs, have no wood lathe experience and am looking for someone within 50 miles or so that wouldn't mind giving a few pointers and showing their set up. I am working through all the forums & videos and have a book or two ordered. The nearest chapter is 100 miles away in Las Vegas. I am located in Kingman, Az. I wrote this in the introductions forum also but thought it would help to put it here also.
Thanks

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
May not get a response here......

You can search the the AAW member directory after logging in
https://www.woodturner.org/search/custom.asp?id=1517

Kingman in the city field Returns 4 - you might give them a call, send them an email
one is you and two have the same last name so may be just 2

Widen the area
Searching the postal code feild with 864 returns 9 names ( 8 and you)

Happy searching

Back