• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need help ID'ing a hook tool

Picked up a pair of used hook tools today.

the handles look homemade, so that's no help.

here's a shot of the business end of the tool. notice the "M" or "W" on the tool - does look familiar?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 127
Website
www.revolvingarts.ca
Shawn, google Andre Martel and see if he is making something like this. My tips of his are more than 15 years old but this could be an even more early prototype.

I just bought one from Martel and it wasn't similar. Mine is 1/4" hook insert, with a boring bar.
Modular, replaceable. The tip was hardened steel, while the bar was not.

Also the logo is quite different: http://martelhooktool.com/accueil_usa_equipment.html

But this could be an older version and the logo might have changed.
He's a very nice guy, if you email him, I'm sure you will get a response and he will likely know.

Olaf

Last edited:
Back