• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Navigating the AAW website

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
I'm going a little wacky trying to navigate the videos on the AAW website, in particular the couple of series that have recently been promoted in newsletters to the membership. These are really good, so it hurts that its so painful to navigate them.

For example, I started watching the Voices videos on design. I had to go through some rigamarole, logging into the site a second time and agreeing to a lot of legal boilerplate before being able to see the first video, but when I got to the end there were no navigation buttons. No option to see the next video in the series, no option to go back to the index of videos, and even the browser back button took me not to the page I had left with the index of videos but back to the long legal agreement.

At least these videos are reasonable length (quite good too!), the Giles Gilson videos, also recently promoted, are tiny snippets only a minute or two long that require a seeming dozen clicks to navigate from one to the next. It would be great if, like on Youtube the next video would cue up at the end of whichever you were watching. Or at least stitch them together so that they were 5-10 minute segments.

I'd happily pay an extra buck in my dues to allow the group to afford a few more navigation buttons! The content is really worthwhile.

Roger, I'm curious to know if you knew or recognized most or all of the turners on the Voices video? Or knew their work?

Back