• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mounting "Flexible" hose to Flanges intended for that use

It's Nordfab. Do you have a way to get the flexible hose over the ducting flange intended for that purpose?
Hot water? Some kind of shop made expanding gizmo?
Silicone?

Figured it out. Had to make an expander. Add heat and it slips on the fitting.
That gel that electricians use for pulling wires helps too.

20160826_161925_zpsxsjzwzst.jpg

20160826_161919_zpskicowqis.jpg

Then I use two wrenches to drive the nuts apart expanding the hose and then apply heat sometimes it takes a couple of times with the expander.

20160826_164630_zpsrcg5vmhl.jpg

And I can get the hose over the fitting

20160826_161907_zpshmqgrwzb.jpg

In case you are interested. I've got this ducted to all my machines and a floor sweep and I gotta say It delivers
20160526_125140_zpsfjnlatsj.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Is the flex hose also Nordfab? Do your metal connectors have raw or formed edges? I've never had a problem with raw edge connections. The diameter of the flex hose can be easily expanded a small amount by screwing it on ... twisting the hose CW a few inches back from the end while restraining the open end from turning and working It onto the flange.

If your flex hose isn't Nordfab then what Steve said is very likely. There's no problem that a bigger hammer can't solve. :D

Back