• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to one and all! Here's hoping that everyone's New Year is great!
Kurt:):):)

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I hope to see many of you in Pittsburgh at the AAW Symposium in about 6 months!!

Rob Wallace

An image you might enjoy from Facebook:

"A woodturner's Christmas Morning"

Woodturners Christmas Morning.jpg

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
On behalf of the AAW Forum "staff", I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Turn safe.

And for the record, Kurt and Bill do all the work here and for that I am very grateful to have them here.

Merry Xmas everyone

We had snow last nite that covered the grass by midnite, but mostly gone by 9 am today. Don't know if this counts as a whitre Christmas!!!!
MY son and fiancee were here from Ks for 3 days and left this am. Cooked lobster one night for them, prime rib another including them and my daughter, her husband and 2 kids, and then a reprieve last nite with church/pizza/gift opening with my kids. Today cooked all day for my daughter, her husband and kids, her in laws, and they just left.Turkey, 4 sides , 2 desserts. My dish washer that I use one-2x a year decided to stop draining 2 days ago, and now I am washing in segments. After tomorrow I can return to turning. While tiring, it was wonderful for the family to get together.
Wishing you all as Merry an Xmas that I had, and best wishes for the New Year. Gretch

Merry Christmas to ya'll too. Down here in "central" Texas we had a high of 63°F and perfectly blue skies. I was out walking in shorts this afternoon. A white Christmas might sound poetic but I much rather have what we had here today.:D

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Well I'm late on this so ill just wish everyone a happy new year I'm looking forward to a great year I'm going to be moving to share a home with my new fiancé of course that will mean fixing up a new shop which will be a challenge
A d of course I'm looking forward to spending time with all the turners around me and online.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Well I'm late on this so ill just wish everyone a happy new year I'm looking forward to a great year I'm going to be moving to share a home with my new fiancé of course that will mean fixing up a new shop which will be a challenge And of course I'm looking forward to spending time with all the turners around me and online.

So you thought that you were going to just quietly sneak that announcement in here?

You are going to tell us her name, aren't you?

Hint: it's Lucy Mays.
Congratulations and best wishes to both of you.

Last edited:
Well I'm late on this so ill just wish everyone a happy new year I'm looking forward to a great year I'm going to be moving to share a home with my new fiancé of course that will mean fixing up a new shop which will be a challenge.
And of course I'm looking forward to spending time with all the turners around me and online.

Congrats, John. Sounds like you are off to a good start with the new year. Fixing up a new shop might be a challenge but it is also an opportunity.

Have fun!

Back