• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lathe bench for wheel chair bound turners

My group is trying to start up an educational outreach program which will include woodturning for Wounded Warriors and other challenged individuals. Any one have plans/designs/specs on a lathe bench that will work with wheel chair bound turners. The lathe will be a Nova Comet 12".

Hi Scott, I know a guy,, AAW member, from La Crosse, WI. who has designed a stand, but I belive for Delta,, let me know if you are interested and I can give you his info......

Thanks folks for the feedback. Between your posts, links, and a couple of emails I think we have enough to construct our own workable stands. We have our first live event penciled in for early December at Pope AFB. I will keep you all posted on the setup progress and results.

Back