• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kudos to some great woodturners!

My wife just returned from the mailbox with the latest issue of American Woodturner. I thumbed through it and stopped at page 35 due to the schematic picture. I read the article on page 34 by Pat Peckham about a young lady who is confined to a wheelchair. A retiree went to work and came up with the design of a framework to place a lathe over the young lady's lap so she can get into woodturning. Read the article, please. You will be glad to be a part of a group that is so caring and considerate of others. I know I am!

Great! Woodturning is a pleasure to be involved with. Happy to see that the idea that you need to be completely fit to do it is going by the wayside. Sharing the fun of doing it is something we all aspire to do. Sharing it with someone that is physically handicapped is an added pleasure. I hope we see more articles on this subject in the future in both "Woodturning and The AAW Journal.

Back