1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Klingspor green wood sealer

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by John Hicks, Jun 19, 2020.

1. John Hicks

John Hicks

Has anyone used Klingspor's green wood sealer? It is much less expensive than anchorseal.

2. Forrest Forschmiedt

Forrest Forschmiedt

I have been using Klingspor's green wood sealer. I'm about 1/2 through a gallon I bought a few months ago.
    Unfortunately, I'm fairly new to this and haven't used the Anchorseal brand stuff so can't offer a comparison for you.
    What I can tell you is that, when I went online to look at the SDS, the SDS for the product on their website was actually the Anchorseal SDS.

3. John Hicks

John Hicks

I suggest saving yourself a bunch of money and trying some. I got their military discount and 7.99 shipping for 4 1gl bottles for 15.25 a gallon.

4. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

It is a private labeled Anchorseal. No difference.

5. John Hicks

John Hicks

I guess there is a high cost to a name brand.

6. Greg Norman

Greg Norman

I’ve used a ton of that stuff over the years and it works great. I live near a Klingspore store so no shipping cost. I’ve never used anchorseal so I don’t know how it compares. It holds up great in the woodshed but if you use it on log ends outdoors in the sun you’ll need to recoat in a few months.

John Hicks likes this.