• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Klein lathe seeks threading jig

I was recently lucky enough to come into possession of a Klein lathe. It's a beautiful little jewel of a lathe and I'm looking forward to learning everything it can do. It'll be a nice adjunct to my PM 3520.

I'd love to find a Klein threading jig to go with it. If any of you have a threading jig gathering dust in your shop that you'd like to sell, let's talk. I'm keeping an eye on the online marketplaces but figured it couldn't hurt to ask folks here.

Kalia

I was recently lucky enough to come into possession of a Klein lathe. It's a beautiful little jewel of a lathe and I'm looking forward to learning everything it can do. It'll be a nice adjunct to my PM 3520. I'd love to find a Klein threading jig to go with it. If any of you have a threading jig gathering dust in your shop that you'd like to sell, let's talk. I'm keeping an eye on the online marketplaces but figured it couldn't hurt to ask folks here. Kalia
Maybe directly contact the turning clubs up north where Bonnie lives. Perhaps more were sold in that area than other places. And somebody will know somebody who has what you want.

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
Kalia,

Please send me an eMail at Rich @ iCloud.com (spaces added to confuse robots), and I will forward your eMail on to Bonnie.

Kind regards,
Rich

I have one, but it ain't for sale..... Not sure how the Baxter jig compares, but they are popular.

robo hippy

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
The Baxter jig if far superior but it is also a lot more expensive. Does Bonnie make her jig anymore. I have not looked at threading jigs i a while. I have the Baxter and an older Chefwarekits jig and they both work well but the Baxter is definitely more accurate and easier to use.

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
Best Wood Tools makes good products. Looking at the Baxter threading jig he sells makes me wonder how he can sell it for that price. He cannot be making much $ on that.

Bonnie quit making hers not too long after the Baxter jig came out. He kind of cloned hers, but he did 'new and improve' it... The X/Y jig is older than me...

robo hippy

Back