1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The forums will be down Monday evening for a few hours while they are being migrated to another hosting platform. The migration is going to require a DNS change so it may take up to 4 hours for you to be able to get to the forums again. The outage will start around 9pm PST on 11/30. If you have any access issues Tuesday morning you can email the forum admins @ forum_moderator@aawforum.org. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping items handy-Attach to the tailstock!

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips' started by Steve Worcester, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Steve Worcester

Steve Worcester Admin Emeritus

Location (City & State):
    Plano, Texas
    Home Page:
    Since I do alot of power sanding, I want to have some of those resources quickly at my disposal. I took a strip of the 4" hook and loop that is adhesive backed and cut a piece and put in on the tailstock. I then cut strips of the loop and put them on the back of the remotes for the overhead dust collector and the cyclone dust collector (that has a 5" hose that comes up to the lathe).

I also took an abrasive belt cleaner (Rockler) and glued rare earth magnets to it, then put tape of them to protect the finish. While sanding, I sand for a about 10 seconds, then hit the cleaner for a few. Makes the paper cut better and sand longer.

Attached Files:

2. Dr_dewey

Dr_dewey

Location (City & State):
    Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Home Page:
    does it work with abralon pads

you mentioned this earlier, didn't know it worked on Abralon pads.