• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Keeping items handy-Attach to the tailstock!

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Since I do alot of power sanding, I want to have some of those resources quickly at my disposal. I took a strip of the 4" hook and loop that is adhesive backed and cut a piece and put in on the tailstock. I then cut strips of the loop and put them on the back of the remotes for the overhead dust collector and the cyclone dust collector (that has a 5" hose that comes up to the lathe).

I also took an abrasive belt cleaner (Rockler) and glued rare earth magnets to it, then put tape of them to protect the finish. While sanding, I sand for a about 10 seconds, then hit the cleaner for a few. Makes the paper cut better and sand longer.

Attachments

• pad w_mag.JPG
    pad w_mag.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 708
  • tailstk.JPG
    tailstk.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 699
Back