• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Job Descriptions

Does anybody out there in the turning world have the Job Descriptions for the officers of the club? Or where I can find them. With officer nominations coming up next month I want to let people know what I expect from them, and what is expected from me as the incoming President. (again)

Thanks in advance

exactly

I think I will have our web guy do the same as yours thanks:cool2:

Thanks Bunches ( of shavings)

Tim

Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Does anybody out there in the turning world have the Job Descriptions for the officers of the club? Or where I can find them. With officer nominations coming up next month I want to let people know what I expect from them, and what is expected from me as the incoming President. (again)

Thanks in advance

In addition to getting feedback on what the officers of other clubs do, ask the current officers to write a description of their duties and responsibilities. That is no guarantee of results. When I was the newsletter editor for our club, this is what our club president asked each of us to do. I think that there were several who failed to comply. I can only speculate as to the reasons why. ;)

Website
www.mikepeacewoodturning.com
Our bylaws describe the basic functions of the 4 elected officers. Our bylaws are based on the basic short AAW draft version available on the AAW site. Seems every club has its own personality and to some degree, will have some variation based on one or more personalities along the way. I think a lot of specialized duties fall on non elected volunteers.

Back