• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jeff Myroup's Passing

I do not have any details, but I found out through FaceBook that Jeff Myroup apparently passed away today. You probably have seen his work with pyrography and mastiffs here.

Keep Jeff's family in your thoughts.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
It is just hard to believe he has passed. He had been such a help to me on my woodburning adventure. I had just e-mailed him about 3 weeks ago for some help. Great gentleman. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Jeff's work with pyrography was special indeed. May his family find peace, comfort and strength in this difficult time....sending prayers for them.

Website
www.californiawoodartist.com
I just returned from Baja yesterday and was shocked by this unfortunate news. Jeff reached out to me in the AAW gallery and we became Facebook friends. His wood burning technique was so highly developed it looked like photography.

http://www.aawforum.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9310&ppuser=19584

I know how proud he was of his daughter joining the military and this really hits home as I have a daughter about her age. He worked on a tugboat and posted many messages on Facebook with his blackberry.

While in Baja I saw an Osprey flying over the Sea of Cortez. Maybe that was Jeff.

Back