• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

It's been a month

What is happening with the By-law Updates. Are they still working on them and are they getting close to posting the changes. Maybe I missed something I was out of town, Just curious.

A Bylaws committee report was made at the teleconference Board meeting on 8 September - any AAW member could have called the toll-free number to listen in. As I remember it, they were still discussing among themselves how best to roll out the proposed changes to the membership, for possible comment and approval. I don’t remember the details...you should contact one of the committee members directly for a personal update.

Last edited:
Timothy . . .

If you do happen to contact a committee member, how about posting their reply here. I'm certain others have the same questions. On the other hand, maybe a Bylaws Committee member will provide all of us with an update?

Not any member

was allowed in to listen to the meeting Ed. The first 350 slots were available. I know I received the number after I sent the appropriate email and asked. I was running a little late so I missed my turn, my problem, Ok. If the AAW is ging to continue to have these meetings on teleconference, they need to use some software that makes it easier and cheaper as it was said it is quite expensive to do this. All kinds of apps out there to do that so no one will be able to say it is the expense.

Let me make

a clarification on the call in. Due to my own stupidity, I had the wrong time zone and missed the meeting, thus I did not attend the meeting, it was not full. I will check time a little closer next time. I hope they continue this, just so I can make it up to myself. (looking rather foolish now) Thanks to a person who brought this to my attention!!! Nice talking to you!

Website
www.cvwg.org
BoD Make Up

I wrote an email to Ron Sardo recommending that the board of the future be comprised of one member representing clubs outside the US and the remaining 8 members representing regions comprised of club count and to be adjusted every five years.
This would give greater input from the membership and a greater voice to what each region would like their person to be. More local involvement is what is needed and this would be a major step in that direction.

Submitted all my suggestions far as By-Law's revisions. The last I heard was a conference call sometime this week for any last changes on some minor issues, but that is all I know. I just offered some suggestions and glad to help, but I've not been real instrumental in that I've been out of pocket a bit (family) and also well made my main recommendations very, very early on in the committee process.

Back