• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Is a Slighty used Trend Airshield Pro worth it??

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
I am on disability so budget is tight. I have dreamed of the Versaflo and other expensive systems you guys discuss. But I came across a slightly used Airshield pro Pro for $240. Is it worth it? Any opinions on what you
like or don't lie about it?

Thanks
Ricc Havens

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
It's pretty good. I think that the main complaint is that it is a bit top heavy because of the batteries being located near the top. If you're patient you can peruse eBay and build up your own system. Here is a long running thread in which Emiliano and I each found used Versaflo headgear combined with BreatheEasy blower units and other miscellaneous parts mostly on eBay for a fraction of the original price.

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
It's pretty good. I think that the main complaint is that it is a bit top heavy because of the batteries being located near the top. If you're patient you can peruse eBay and build up your own system. Here is a long running thread in which Emiliano and I each found used Versaflo headgear combined with BreatheEasy blower units and other miscellaneous parts mostly on eBay for a fraction of the original price.

Thanks Bill for the input! I had seen that discussion you referenced and have been keeping an eye out on ebay since then. But, I haven't seen any deals come up yet. This Trend Aishiled came up and seemed lie a decent deal.

Ricc, send me your address and I will put a Trend in the mail for you. It is a first generation model, but, I have converted it to use rechargeable batteries.
Joe

2BECB7E3-2479-4BD6-8E3F-E6F92F6279DB.jpeg Mark, Ricc,
Here is a picture of my modified Trend. Pretty basic, removed the switch in the helmet, the wiring came from E-Bay. Used the charging box that came with the Trend to which I added a block of wood that I could attach a holster clip.

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
I’m on vacation in Argentina. Be back on the 22nd. @AlanZ sometimes finds the Ebay delas and he knows how to modify all types of helmets to a much slimmer version...

Thanks Emiliano! I have an offer for a Trend from Joe above. If for some reason it doesn't work out (like being heavy on the head and neck like some have mentioned in other discussions on the forum) I will contact Alan.

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
Anyone by chance have an email address for Diverjoe? Above he mentioned sending me an Airshield unit he’s not using. I looked at his profile and last week I sent him a message via the “start a conversation” option. I don’t want to be pushy or greedy, but if for some reason he’s changed his mind that’s okay. I just need to know as the seller on other deal on the Airshiled Pro I originally mentioned has another interested party and wants to know if I’m going to buy his or if he should move on.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Here is a way to do it provided that the the email address he used when registering is still valid or if he has kept his profile information up to date. Simply type an "at" sign in front of his username (no space between @ and the username. For example you should be notified by email when I type @Ricc Havens unless you have email notifications turned off in your preferences.. If I type @diverjoe he should be notified by email. You can use this feature in private conversations as well as the discussion forums.

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
@diverjoe I sent you a private conversation last week that has my contact info as I was unaware on how to make contact with you via email. Bill made me aware of the process of using the AT sign with your username so hopefully you will get this notification. I am interested in your offer.

Thanks
Ricc

Back