• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Important AAW Forum Announcement

The following is a re-print from the main forum - in case you missed it...Steve Worcester has tendered his resignation as lead moderator for the AAW forums. Here’s a brief note from Steve:

For more than 7 years, I have played a role in helping to shape the AAW forums to the information library it is today. The last 6 or so weeks have been especially trying on us as we became the epicenter for the online activity and the frontline face of the AAW. While this is not completely my reason for retiring, it certainly became the tipping point.

Thanks Steve - you've been a real trooper and a valuable contributor to AAW's growth and success.

So, we need a replacement volunteer or two, otherwise, this forum will be closed. If you are interested in being a forum moderator, and are familiar with vBulletin software and html coding, please get in touch with me. This is an immediate need.

Last edited:
Steve will be sorely missed. I wish I had the skills and time to serve in his stead. Unfortunately, I have neither.

Steve, I offer my sincerest apologies for the part I played in making your role as moderator more difficult than it needed to be.

The following is a re-print from the main forum - in case you missed it...Steve Worcester has tendered his resignation as lead moderator for the AAW forums. Here’s a brief note from Steve:

Thanks Steve - you've been a real trooper and a valuable contributor to AAW's growth and success.

So, we need a replacement volunteer or two, otherwise, this forum will be closed. If you are interested in being a forum moderator, and are familiar with vBulletin software and html coding, please get in touch with me. This is an immediate need.

Thanks to Steve for his hard work, dedication, and the long hours that he put into the forum. He did an excellent job of handling matters over the past six weeks.

My best wishes to you, Steve!

You be missed

This forum is one of the best things about the AAW. And we owe that in great part to the moderators.

Thanks Steve for all your hard work. You will be missed.

Sincerely,
Frank

R

Ron Sardo

I think the AAW moderators should be inducted into the Guinness World book of records.

230 threads locked in one fell swoop. That's gotta be a record.

Good luck Steve in your future endeavors.

Steve,
You have done a magnificent job for many years, volunteering huge amounts of your talent and personal time, maintaining the Forums and all the while continuing to volunteer to do additional tasks for the AAW as needed. I hold you in the highest esteem.
During the past 6 weeks, there have been those that have criticized you and challenged your motives. They should be ashamed.
I observed that of the many people that participated recently, very few had previously served on the board or on any of the many committees of the AAW. I received a quote recently that said “If you shoot the mules, you have to get down off the wagon and pull.†That time has come.
Thanks for all that you have done for the AAW.
John Hill

Website
www.AndiWolfe.com
What John said.

Steve,
You have done a magnificent job for many years, volunteering huge amounts of your talent and personal time, maintaining the Forums and all the while continuing to volunteer to do additional tasks for the AAW as needed. I hold you in the highest esteem.
During the past 6 weeks, there have been those that have criticized you and challenged your motives. They should be ashamed.
I observed that of the many people that participated recently, very few had previously served on the board or on any of the many committees of the AAW. I received a quote recently that said “If you shoot the mules, you have to get down off the wagon and pull.†That time has come.
Thanks for all that you have done for the AAW.
John Hill

I agree 100% - Thanks, Steve for your incredibly generous spirit in donating your time to the AAW. I appreciate all you've done for us!

Andi

Sorry to see you go Steve, thank you for all your hard work and time devoted to this site. I wish you well. You now have lots more time to turn:D

Thanks

I know some of my colleagues may not always agree with me, but I feel that everyone working on the forums has done a good job under very difficult circumstances. Keeping discourse civil is a worthwhile goal and that sometimes means shutting someone down. A result to be had by out shouting another is not something to be proud of. Hopefully some people have had to think about how they are presenting themselves.

All in all, I think the forums have been well balanced and reasonably civil. In my humble opinion, they have been better in that regard that other locations on the website, but that depends on your point of view.

Thanks to everyone involved for making some kind of exchange of ideas possible. We should all recognize that there is a large personal cost to volunteering for something like this and in this case, there apparently have been uncalled for actions by those who have yet to learn to control their emotions. It's a shame that you who have volunteered to help all of us have had to take that kind of abuse, thanks for being willing.

Mel Turcanik #7743

Back