• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

If you'd like to discuss the bylaws...

If you'd like to discuss the bylaws and cannot open the link to the special sub-forum set up for that purpose (http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19 ), please do not assume it's anything personal. The same thing happened to me.

Just follow the following instructions: "If you are an AAW member and your forum profile does not reflect it, or you have joined the AAW since registering with this Forum, email [John] at john@texasturner.com with "AAW MEMBER ADD" as the subject. In the email body, include your AAW member number and your forum login name."

Website
www.velvitoil.com
If you'd like to discuss the bylaws and cannot open the link to the special sub-forum set up for that purpose (http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19 ), please do not assume it's anything personal. The same thing happened to me.

Just follow the following instructions: "If you are an AAW member and your forum profile does not reflect it, or you have joined the AAW since registering with this Forum, email [John] at john@texasturner.com with "AAW MEMBER ADD" as the subject. In the email body, include your AAW member number and your forum login name."

OK, I may be a little slow but where did you find those instructions in quotes? I looked in the Membership area but found nothing. When I got the message that I didn't belong in the area to which the link in your first paragraph took me.

Barbara, Send an email like the last half of the quote to John@texasturner.com with the AAW MEMBER ADD in the subject line. Give him hour forum name and AAW membership number and he will add you.

It has something to do about your membership number being included in your profile.

Website
www.mainebowls.com
I don't get it.

I log in to the member's area, have the page recognize me by name, but can't find any link to the By-law's Forum.

Barbara, I had that same problem with the link and emailed John.

Seems like the current setup discourages any discussion.

Last edited:
HNY, Jack.

If you go to the Home page (click on the logo here), you'll see a news item about the Bylaws. That blurb has a link to the main Bylaws nav page where you'll see links to the old Bylaws, the new Bylaws, and the Committee's Report to Members explaining the proposed changes.

In order to log into the discussion sub-forum, you need to have your AAW number as part of your login profile. Since I joined the AAW forum before I joined the AAW, John had to adjust my profile for login.

HTH

ps: Here is a direct link to the Bylaws nav page > http://www.woodturner.org/info/bylaws/

Last edited:
Back