• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

I ain't never seen nothing like this before

brian horais

Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.horais.com
Very unique! thanks Robo.... Talk about wet wood turning, this is certainly a new twist. I wonder if there is warpage after turning, or if the waterjet doesn't really penetrate the remaining wood surface that much.

Water mist and an electric drill, what could go wrong? Since nearly every laser, 3D printer, or CNC video is always run at 5x speed or more, you kinda loose track about just how slow the process really is.

Interesting concept, water cutting wood. I've seen videos of waterjets cutting wood before, never "turning" a rotating piece of wood with a waterjet though.

We use a small lathe mounted on the bed of a CNC mill to turn wood all the time. The mills rotating cutter does the same as the jet of water. That's a common thing to do. Next time I do it I'll post pics or a video.

Back