1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

I ain't never seen nothing like this before

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by robo hippy, Jul 1, 2020.

1. robo hippy

robo hippy

2. brian horais

brian horais

Home Page:
    Very unique! thanks Robo.... Talk about wet wood turning, this is certainly a new twist. I wonder if there is warpage after turning, or if the waterjet doesn't really penetrate the remaining wood surface that much.

3. Donovan Bailey

Donovan Bailey

America is a great country. The only way that this could be any better is to know that the state of Oregon paid for their time to do this.

4. Richard Coers

Richard Coers

Water mist and an electric drill, what could go wrong? Since nearly every laser, 3D printer, or CNC video is always run at 5x speed or more, you kinda loose track about just how slow the process really is.

5. Doug Rasmussen

Doug Rasmussen

Interesting concept, water cutting wood. I've seen videos of waterjets cutting wood before, never "turning" a rotating piece of wood with a waterjet though.

We use a small lathe mounted on the bed of a CNC mill to turn wood all the time. The mills rotating cutter does the same as the jet of water. That's a common thing to do. Next time I do it I'll post pics or a video.

6. Don Wattenhofer

Don Wattenhofer

The interesting thing about their is that with the CNC system they are using why didn't they go with a rotary axis?

7. Mike Adams

Mike Adams

They're doing a bowl video next.

It may turn out to be a colander, though. We'll see.

LOL.