• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Has anybody tried the new Rikon 70-3040?

I am looking for any insights into Rikon's new 70-3040 lathe. Being in the same price range as the Laguna 2436 and PM 3520C I'm curious as to how it compares? I understand it is now available but do not know of anyone who has actually experienced it first hand.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
It is often difficult to find people who have turned on a new tool.

You may get lucky and get a reply here.
If you don’t contact some dealers and see if they can supply a reference from someone they sold a lathe to.

I would call Ken Rizza, Woodturning Wonders. He has the lathe on his web site. He could certainly answer questions and might be able to put you in contact with owners.

I would contact the local woodcrafts or Rockler to see if they had one on the floor to look at or possibly turn on.
Ask if they have sold any? If so could they put you in touch with a buyer?

on paper it looks like a solid machine.

It is often difficult to find people who have turned on a new tool.

You may get lucky and get a reply here.
If you don’t contact some dealers and see if they can supply a reference from someone they sold a lathe to.

I would call Ken Rizza, Woodturning Wonders. He has the lathe on his web site. He could certainly answer questions and might be able to put you in contact with owners.

I would contact the local woodcrafts or Rockler to see if they had one on the floor to look at or possibly turn on.
Ask if they have sold any? If so could they put you in touch with a buyer?

on paper it looks like a solid machine.
Thanks for the excellent advice. I'll contact Ken and see if he can provide some insights.

Back