• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Harvey Lathes

During my recent lathe search, I reached out to a variety of manufacturers for Q&A. In addition to taking my initial calls, one - Harvey - reached back out to me proactively a couple of weeks later, their technical manager calling to both offer his time for additional Q&A as well as making it clear they were ready to make deals.

If you are seriously interested in a Harvey lathe (i.e., specifically Harvey-branded with the servos and not the Grizzly version), I strongly suggest calling them directly to see what they can do by way of price, shipping, options, etc.

I have the T60-s. Good people to deal with! Grizzly won't give you any thought on a discount of any kind.

Back