• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

George Washington's Mount Vernon Project

Hi

A couple of months ago I had the oportunity to participate in a woodturning club project. Many of us were given some White Ash for George Washington's Mount Vernon. The wood was a branch from a tree that George Washington planted in 1795. The project was to turn 30 pieces from this wood so that the good people who run Mount Vernon could provide unique gifts to those who are patrons of Mount Vernon. We had two months to complete the project.

I took a lot of pictures at the club meeting of these objects. I made a website of these pictures:

http://www.gyniahouse.com/caw/Mt_Vernon/

Thanks

Richard

Back