• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

FS: OneWay/Sanders light stand with 3 LED lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've switched to a different lighting setup and no longer need this accessory. It was originally developed by woodturner Gary Sanders and is now sold by OneWay. Here is a link to it on their site:

https://oneway.ca/Gary-Sanders-Light-Stand?search=light

Mine is a little over ten years old. I added a power strip and three LED gooseneck lights that I got from a guy name Mike Hare at a symposium; they're from Ikea but Mike replaced the cheesy magnet in the base with an extremely strong one. I mounted them on an old faceplate, which enables me to swivel their position, and took out their individual switches, which were easily contaminated by dust. They're now controlled by the switch on the power strip. The whole setup shows signs of use but is fully functional. The bracket that mounts on your lathe is included. Price is $150. You'll have to come to central Virginia to pick it up, no way am I gonna try to package this thing. I'm in Harrisonburg and am willing to travel a reasonable distance for a hand-off.

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 183
Update: I haven't heard back from Tim, but he lives far enough away that a handoff is not gonna work. In other times, one or the other of us would be traveling enough that it'd be possible somehow, but not in the current state of affairs. I've taken the magnetic base lights off of the stand and am using them elsewhere, so it's back to being in its original state. I will gladly give this thing to someone who can use it, but they'll have to come through Harrisonburg, VA (or nearby) to get it. If I get no takers and the ad needs to come down, let me know and I'll do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back