• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Free wood grab bag - just pay shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're looking at in these photos is 10 years worth of mostly exotic wood cutoffs from yo-yo making. Each piece measures about 1/4" to 1/2" thick and from 2" to 3" wide. Woods include African Blackwood, Pink Ivory, Italian Olivewood, Kingwood, Amboyna burl, Yellowheart, Redheart, Padauk, Marblewood, Holly, Camphor burl, Wenge, ColorPly, Spectraply, Osage Orange, Black & White Ebony, Argentine Lignum Vitae and Cocobolo. All of the cutoffs shown in the photos will fit in five small flat rate boxes.

Way too good to throw away. Will make perfect blanks for pendent, cabochon and other decorative embellishment turnings.

Here's the deal: The wood is free, just pay for USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Small Box shipping and PayPal fees ($8.00 per box). One box full per customer. First come, first served. Send me a convo or email (edd777@comcast.net) if interested. View attachment 29754 View attachment 29755

All done, sold out, finished, that's it, the end, done, outta the good stuff...thanks for looking

I purchased a box of the cutoffs and somehow got enrolled into the YoYo of the month club. :)
With the tenon already turned on the piece these save you a lot of time on the fabrication/machining process.
I have used pieces like these on the tops of turned boxes for accent color rings, finials and knobs.

Ed,
If you have any left over in a week or two put me down for another box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back