• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Free corner cut-offs, exotic and highly figured woods.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
These bowl corner cut-off pieces would be suitable for jewelry making, ear rings, wooden rings, small laminations, refrigerator magnets, small carvings......or? I have offered these to Shop owners on Etsy, and have given away a few that way......the local High School shop declined.

There are Ebonys, Exotic burls, domestic burls, mostly highly figured exotic dark woods......I have tossed out most of the light colored wood corners.

If you can use these for your projects, you can have them for free.....just pay whatever the shipping costs are. When the buckets fill up, I have to toss them out, and I feel it's a shame, if anyone could have used them. :(

-----odie-----IMG_5432.JPG IMG_5433.JPG

I'm interested! I live in Astoria, OR, if you're within driving distance, otherwise, a large priority mail box crammed full will work. How do we go about this?
Rick Crawford, I'm in the directory.

odie

TOTW Team
im interested
Not sure about postage to Puerto Rico, but stand by, and I'll find out! :D
I'm interested! I live in Astoria, OR, if you're within driving distance, otherwise, a large priority mail box crammed full will work. How do we go about this?
Rick Crawford, I'm in the directory.

OK, guys......send me your mailing address (Or, in a PM, if you want to keep it private), and I'll ship out a priority flat rate USPS box shortly. No worry about paying for the postage right now......you can snail-mail a check or do a PayPal payment, once you get the box. Looks like the price to ship is $17.60, or it might be $19.95......I'll let you know. It's been about a year since I last shipped one of these boxes......

I shipped a box to a lady in the UK, who really wants these chunks of wood for her miniature doll house furnishings.......too bad, because she's really good at what she does, but it turned out to be much too expensive to ship across the pond for her. Another Etsy shop owner never did pay me back.....:mad:.....and, a couple more are making jewelry with the cut-off corners........

If there is anyone else interested, send me your address.

I'll keep this posting open for the time being........:D

-----odie-----

Last edited:

odie

TOTW Team
Odie, I have been mailing several boxes of the Holy wood. The large flat rate box now goes for 19.95. Same price to Puerto Rico, I sent some woods there in exchange for Lignum Vitae.

OK, thanks Emiliano.......great trade.....Lignum Vitae is some pretty nice stuff, when you can find it at a decent price!

Rick/Carlos.....It might be a few days before I get it together and ship a couple of these boxes......so, stand by! :D

-----odie-----

odie

TOTW Team

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
...Will PM you tonight with address as soon as I figure out doing a PM

The answer is in the "Help & FAQ's: How to Start a Conversation

I don't know what happened to the pictures, but the text should be sufficient to help you figure it out. I need to replace the missing pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back