• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

For Sale, Vicmarc VL300 lathe with bed extension, Minneapolis MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale, Vicmarc VL300 short bed lathe with bed extension. I bought it new from Craft Supplies at the 2001 AAW Symposium in St. Paul, MN. The stand is built from wood, concrete, and structural steel which disassembles for moving, and can be easily altered for the user's standing height (I'm 6' tall). My use of it was always small to midsize projects and a few big bowls. It has always been in a heated/air conditioned shop (corrosion free), and it works and looks as good as the day I put it into service. I own 2 Vicmarcs (VL200 short bed), I'm selling this one.

As built, it features:
--1.5hp Leeson TEFC DC motor with Minarik variable speed drive (down to 0-RPM with reverse, 4-step drive pulleys), wired for 220 volt AC, 20-amp circuit. This was a new-in-box industrial motor setup from a Leeson dealer, not a rehab treadmill motor. Using the proper pulley position, the motor has no issue spinning 16-18" wet bowl blanks. There are 2 power kill switches built onto the machine.
--24" swing and 19" between-center capacity (without the bed extension).
--39" bed extension, you can push a 5-foot spindle turning length. Machine footprint is 8'x3'.
--Australian-built Vicmarc lathes have some of the thickest iron castings of any wood lathe available. Headstock bearings are serviceable tapered roller bearings. Strong, heavy, smooth, and more than capable. Spindle thread is 1-1/4"x 8tpi., #2 morse taper head and tailstock spindle bores.
--Includes faceplate and wrench, spur and live centers, and a knockout bar.
--If you already own a VL300, I will consider selling the bed extension separate from the lathe BEFORE selling the lathe, but I will not sell the lathe first, separate from the bed extension.
--Buyer is responsible for pick-up from Minneapolis, MN, I won't ship the lathe.

This lathe, as shown with the stand, motor/drive, and bed extension, is $2,900. (New retail for a bare VL300, no motor/stand, is $2,700 plus shipping, and built up between $5000-6300, the 39" bed extension retails for $730.)

Reply here, or email me at: mplsmotorcycle<at>gmail.com

Thanks,
Steve.
20190625_160842.jpg 20190625_161509 (2).jpg 20190625_161629 (2).jpg

Moderators, the lathe has been sold.

Thanks,
Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back