• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Finish Storage

Website
lumberjocks.com
I buy most of my finishes in 1 Gallon or larger containers. While it is great for saving money, it makes it difficult to apply to my work. I tried using old Spaghetti jars, but they are clunky and easy to break.

Then I remembered all the Squeeze Bottles I picked up at the local restaurant supply store. Six 16 ounce bottles were less than $5. It is super easy to apply the finishes, while keeping them all close to my Lathe. I get to keep the huge 1 gallon + containers stored away in a cool dark place and I am not constantly exposing the entire batch to the air. This should protect my savings longer, after all there is no point buying in bulk if half of it goes bad before I can use it!

Viola!!

Attachments

• IMG-20120229-00580.jpg
    IMG-20120229-00580.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
that's a great idea. I currently use peanut butter jars and fill up about 4 of them to the top so air isn't a problem. they are harder to pour into my gun though.

Back