• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Feel -N- Find the stop button

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
On my Oneway, sometimes the pendant is positioned so that I can't see the stop button (not the emergency stop which protrudes and is quite large). So I can feel which is the stop, put a round adhesive dot of the hook side of Velcro on it. When I need to stop, I can feel which button is going to work and Viola! Stop.

Ya know.... you can change out the stop button to a bigger style without any problems. Just pull your switch and take it with you to an electrical supply house.They will fix you up in no time.

Ga Darling

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
On my Oneway, sometimes the pendant is positioned so that I can't see the stop button (not the emergency stop which protrudes and is quite large). So I can feel which is the stop, put a round adhesive dot of the hook side of Velcro on it. When I need to stop, I can feel which button is going to work and Viola! Stop.

Howdy Steve........

I sure wish I had done that to my run/brake switch for the variable speed controller. It would have prevented the disaster I had because I reached down and inadvertently hit the forward/reverse switch. ((((gasp!)))) This was about a month ago.

I've already done another "fix" to the problem, which will be one of my "odie's crazy ideas" coming up soon......your idea would have worked, though.

otis of cologne

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Ya know.... you can change out the stop button to a bigger style without any problems. Just pull your switch and take it with you to an electrical supply house.They will fix you up in no time.

Ga Darling

There isn't alot of room on the pendant, I do have a remote stop also, with a Velcro dot on it. And way cheaper than a new button and soldering, and disassembly.... (I am part Scottish)

Back