• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Educational Opportunity Grant Notification.....?

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Just wondering if anyone has received notification from the Committee/AAW if they had been approved (or not) for an Educational Opportunity Grant..... applicants are supposed to hear by March 1st. Getting close, given today is the 27th of February!

For those that have received one of these grants in the past, are applicants notified by e-mail, or in a letter sent via postal mail?

Curious....

Rob Wallace

Last edited:
I recieved a grant little over one year ago for my High School Shop. I received the notification by mail. Not sure what date it was on. It helped us to buy some much needed turning supplies for out program.
Jack

Rob,

We got ours last year and I received notification by mail on Feb 27th. Watch the mailbox.

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
Rob, as the EOG Committee Chair, I'm sorry to announce that circumstances this year have delayed the review process of the EOG applications. I hope to mail out letters of notification before March 15th (perhaps sooner). I realize that this is two weeks later than the website-published date and I apologize for the delay.

Website
www.johnbentonstudio.com
Thanks For the update Malcolm

Thanks for the update Malcomb, I will let our club know, had a couple of people ask have we heard anything yet.
Thank you for all that you and the other board members and committee members do for the AAW. Your leadership is appreciated.

Back