1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Delta Rockwell lathe 46-111 (Council Bluffs, Omaha area)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archives' started by Ray McGrath, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray McGrath

Ray McGrath

Location (City & State):
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Sold
    very good condition includes 2 face plates, 1 spur drive. $300 $250
    The center distance is 36", swing over the gap is 14", swing over the ways is 11", spindle thread is 1" - 8. The motor is 1/2 hp. with a step pulley 4 speeds. the lathe serves well for small bowls, pens and spindle turnings.
    The lathe may be picked up at my shop or I would deliver within a 25 mile, give or take radius. Below is small bowl turned on this lathe (putting on the finish now).

DeltaLathe-FV.jpg

DeltaLathe_TS.jpg

DeltaLathe_HS.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Location (City & State):
    Dalworthington Gardens, TX
    Home Page:
    You might want to say something about the features of the lathe (swing, distance between centers, horsepower, speed range, spindle thread size, etc.)

Also, does the buyer need to pick it up at your shop?

Emiliano Achaval likes this.
  3. Ray McGrath

Ray McGrath

Location (City & State):
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Thanks Bill,
    The center distance is 36", swing over the gap is 7", swing over the ways is 5 1/2", spindle thread is 1" - 8. The motor is 1/2 hp. with a step pulley 4 speeds. the lathe serves well for small bowls, pens and spindle turnings.
    The lathe may be picked up at my shop or I would deliver within a 25 mile, give or take radius. Below is small bowl turned on this lathe (putting on the finish now).
    IMG_5191.JPG

4. Peter Vines

Peter Vines

Location (City & State):
    Earlysville, VA
    It’s cool to see the same model lathe that I inherited almost 30 years ago. It’s been quite reliable and is sturdy and easy to maintain. Someone will certainly get a lot of use out of it.

5. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

Location (City & State):
    Nebraska
    A lathe like that would be easy to convert over to a VFD by installing a 3-phase motor, and you could up the horsepower at the same time.
    Does the headstock spindle have a Morse Taper #2?

6. Ray McGrath

Ray McGrath

Location (City & State):
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    I've considered converting to VFD and yes is would be easy however my interests have moved on to bowls, platters etc. I'm looking at either a Jet 1640 or Laguna 1836.
    If I don't find a buyer it will have to go out in the machine shed.

7. Ray McGrath

Ray McGrath

Location (City & State):
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    It was built in a day when Rockwell / Delta actually built a quality machine.

8. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    That's a good price-- hang on. You might find a buyer more quickly on the local Craig's list or thru your local club chapter.

9. Ray McGrath

Ray McGrath

Location (City & State):
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Thanks Tom,
    have a couple of nibbles on the local Craig's list. I'm in no particular hurry. I've purchased a Laguna 1836, it should be here in a few weeks. If the Rockwell isn't sold by then I'll move it out to the machine shed, (ways and all bare metal treated against corrosion).

10. Ken Appelt

Ken Appelt

Location (City & State):
    Shelby, MI
    I have the same lathe, though mine is an older version,,, yellow headstock and Tailstock...Rest of it is black...Great machine, does everything I want and more.

11. Robert D Evans

Robert D Evans

Location (City & State):
    Hoschton, GA
    I have the same lathe that now serves as a dedicated Beall buffing station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.