• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Current Journal Cover

Kudos for one of the most compelling covers, ever, on this month's journal. My wife, not a turner, said, "That makes me want to pick it up to look inside." I agree. Well done, Betty!

Thank you, John! I think much of the credit goes to the Center for Art in Wood's logo, which is fantastic and very contemporary. I heard that "orange is the new black."

Linnea Stenberg is the art director who designs the covers and does the layout. I simply gave her several photos as options and she did the rest. She occasionally checks the AAW Form, so I'll tell her to take a peek on Monday.

Betty Scarpino, Editor, AW

I'll second John's compliment. Huge eye appeal in the cover. And the content lived up to the promise the cover made. Nice issue.

Tom

Back