• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Conover lathe for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
SOLD!

With the arrival of my delightful and spectacular birthday present from my wife (a Robust AB!) I’m selling my trusty Conover lathe plus various bits and pieces that go with it. I bought the lathe new in the late ’70’s. It’s been very lightly used for most of that time, much more recently. Asking $1200 and I can help deliver it in the Boston area. Feel free to tell me if you think that price is way out of line, I based it on other recent sales I could find.

Lathe includes:
16” lathe with Conover leg set
1.5 HP Leeson DC motor with speed controller
shop made ways and shelf
original Teknatool/Nova chuck with multiple sets of jaws
four faceplates of various sizes
live center with interchangeable tips
several drive centers
3/2 MT adapters
two tool rests (standard Robust tool rests work well on it as well)​

Please call with questions or to request better pictures (more and full size pics available at <https://carouselorgan.smugmug.com/Woodworking> )

Cheers,
Roger Wiegand
617-875-9107

IMG_1717-XL.jpg

IMG_1714-XL.jpg

IMG_1721-XL.jpg

IMG_1716-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
Sigh, I wish I had that view from my shop. I'm so jealous! I just get to look at cement blocks!

When we decided to move basically we bought the barn and the meadow, and then dealt with the 1950 tiny house with 60 years of deferred maintenance. It worked out well. I have a nest box right outside my shop window that has fledged four nests of bluebirds in the last two years. :)

I worked in the basement with no windows for the 30 years before this shop, so definitely appreciate the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back