• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Cindy Bowden Resigns?

Website
www.etsy.com
It wasn't until today when I received the announcement from Dale Larson, President of AAW that Philip McDonald was named operations director of the American Association of Woodturners. It was further announced that Cindy Bowden resigned on Feb 3rd. She resigned on Feb 3rd? Is this the first public disclosure? Seems like this is something that should have been shared with members sooner. I searched the AAW website and found no announcement. Seems odd to me.

Morning Greg,

Were I a betting man [OK, so I buy a lottery ticket when it goes over 100 Mil], I'd think that the delay you mention had something to do with the transition and Phil McDonald stepping into his new position with the adjustments that such a change usually requires. There may also have been matters arising under Minnesota law and rules that needed to be addressed before public disclosure. Remember too, there has been this major reorganization, arising out of the 501(c)(3) screw-up, that we just finished voting on that was, I'm sure, taking a bunch of time to get straightened out.

While I heard about it earlier from another member, I've mostly kept my own counsel for reasons of deference to the BoD and especially to Cindy, herself. After all, while we all may be concerned about who's steering the boat, a vacancy in the AAW's ED position ain't exactly the lead story on The Nightly News ;) or Countdown:rolleyes:

Be well.

Mark

Newberg, OR: 20mi SW of Portland: AAW #21058
It wasn't until today when I received the announcement from Dale Larson, President of AAW that Philip McDonald was named operations director of the American Association of Woodturners. It was further announced that Cindy Bowden resigned on Feb 3rd. She resigned on Feb 3rd? Is this the first public disclosure? Seems like this is something that should have been shared with members sooner. I searched the AAW website and found no announcement. Seems odd to me.

It was posted/mentioned here on the forum a week or so ago.

Website
www.etsy.com
It was posted/mentioned here on the forum a week or so ago.

I first heard about it from the letter from Dale Larson. I searched on these forums before posting my thread and found nothing regarding the resignation. I apologize if I missed it. It almost seems like it was kept a secret.

I first heard about it from the letter from Dale Larson. I searched on these forums before posting my thread and found nothing regarding the resignation. I apologize if I missed it. It almost seems like it was kept a secret.

Greg,
The prior thread on this forum was removed because people were attempting to discuss "WHY" Mrs. Bowden left. Read Dale Larson's sticky post at the top of this list.

You didn't see it. It wasn't there for long. No need to apologize. ;)

Back