• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Church project update

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
John Duarte, the Saint Anthony church middle man in the Father Damien project stopped by today. I had Kelly's 2 beautiful calabashes for him. He loved them, as well as I did. I told him I would like to have a chance to bid on some of the pieces, they are for a good cause. He said I better have deep pockets because he has heard that some of the pieces are going to go for good money from some of the church benefactors. Some pieces will be there in perpetuity, like my goblet, some are going to the Catholic museum in Honolulu and some to the Father Damien church in Kalaupapa, Molokai. If you were a part of this project and have not received a thank you note from the church, please email me with your address and what you made. This has been a very fulfilling and fun project. John texted me a picture of the case after adding several pieces. Thank you to everyone that participated. Aloha from Maui, God Bless.

Attachments

• IMG_9535.JPG
    IMG_9535.JPG
    453.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9546.JPG
    IMG_9546.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 74
Back