1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

    Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

    You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

    Dismiss Notice

Burning Bush Toxicity

Discussion in 'Woodturning Health & Safety' started by Michael Lyle, Nov 14, 2019.

  1. Michael Lyle

    Michael Lyle

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2016
    Messages:
    90
    Location (City & State):
    Bonney lake, Washington
    Anyone with knowledge of toxicicity turning Burning Bush
    "Euonymous Alatus "? or problems?
     
  2. Roger Wiegand

    Roger Wiegand

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2018
    Messages:
    284
    Location (City & State):
    Wayland, MA
    Home Page:
    It seems possible that it is a low severity poison if you eat it. Other species in the genus are ore poisonous, it's not good for dogs. It's not typically problematic, but individuals can have allergic reactions (sometimes severe) to almost anything.

    It's main problem is that it is horribly invasive and darn near impossible to kill. We're in year six of the war on it in our yard and it just keeps coming back. It's right up there on the list with bittersweet vines and Japanese Knotweed for obnoxiousness.
     
    Bill Boehme likes this.

Share This Page