1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The forums will be down Monday evening for a few hours while they are being migrated to another hosting platform. The migration is going to require a DNS change so it may take up to 4 hours for you to be able to get to the forums again. The outage will start around 9pm PST on 11/30. If you have any access issues Tuesday morning you can email the forum admins @ forum_moderator@aawforum.org. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Burl box blanks

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archives' started by Neal DeVore, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neal DeVore

Neal DeVore

Location (City & State):
    Lincoln, California
    Burl wood for small boxes minimum size/block 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 and larger. Burl is redwood, maple, myrtle, buckeye, or walnut mix. Minimum of 12 blanks in a USPS medium priority box shipped frt ppd to your location. Great for small box making. $33/box. Contact Neal DeVore at nealdevore@gmail.com or 9162537208. Visa or MC accepted[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Location (City & State):
    Dalworthington Gardens, TX
    Home Page:
    How many boxes are you selling?

3. Neal DeVore

Neal DeVore

Location (City & State):
    Lincoln, California
    I have 20 boxes to sell

4. Richard Coers

Richard Coers

Location (City & State):
    Peoria, Illinois
    Those blanks in the lower left don't look to be 2 1/2", but maybe the photo. Actually seeing some burl figure would help.

5. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Location (City & State):
    Dalworthington Gardens, TX
    Home Page:
    Agree and I only count ten pieces, not twelve.

Mark Hepburn likes this.
  6. Neal DeVore

Neal DeVore

Location (City & State):
    Lincoln, California
    There are several stacked on top of each other and all are burl since that is all i turn. I am a long time gallery level turner and would never slight a fellow turner. Suggest you contact me directly rather than slight the generous offering.
    Neal DeVore

7. Emiliano Achaval

Emiliano Achaval Administrator Staff Member

Location (City & State):
    Maui, Hawaii
    Home Page:
    Neal, I suggest you post better pictures of what you are offering. 1, it will help you sell it, 2 it helps to have better transparency, people like to see what they are getting. Someone might not want to bother to ask you for better pictures when you could have posted them here. I can't recall someone selling 20 boxes of wood and just posting one picture. Posting separate threads with a few boxes in each, with their correspondent pictures might also help you.

Mark Hepburn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.