• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Brian Thornton

Good evening all!

Long time listener, first time caller here :)

I just finished setting up my new 3520c in the shop tonight! I'm coming from a cheap amazon mini lathe to the mustard monster and I couldn't be happier!

I ponied up for the lift lock n roll kit for the 3520c b/c my shop is always in a state of flux...at least over the last year as I've gone hog wild getting a bunch of new toys...um, I mean tools!

I've been doing pens on my little mini lathe with some rockler carbide tools. BUT, after I took a 4 hour class with Doug Schneiter at the Loveland, CO Woodcraft and watching a bunch of Kirk DeHeer videos I took the plunge and started spending money.

I've signed up to take the 3 day class with Trent Bosch (being a whole 40 miles away from me) in July and hope to have some more experience by then!

About me; I live in Longmont, CO, about 40 miles north of Denver. I work in technical sales and have the luxury of being able to take my commission checks directly into my shop :D

BUT...I have more money than skill these days ;)

The 24280422 version of my shop will be tackled this weekend since I have the lathe powered up and ready to start making some sawdust!

HOPEFULLY I can post some better pics of the full shop when it doesn't look like a bomb went off in there ;)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Attachments

• Mustard-Monster.jpg
    Mustard-Monster.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 11

Dave Landers

Beta Tester
Website
dlwoodturning.com
Welcome! I lived in Longmont for 20 years before moving to Estes Park a few years ago.

Doug is good, and will hook just about anybody on turning.
The class with Trent is fantastic - I did that several years ago, you're going to have a great time and learn a lot.

If you haven't already, check out our local club - http://rmwt.org - We are meeting via zoom these days, with excellent demonstrations every month. April 8 we have Eric Lofstrom on Textures and Finishes - should be great. You can email our president (contact info on the web site) or PM me for the link to be our guest.

Back