• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Been a member

I have been a member a member of the AAW for 7 years . The email said I had to be approved to post and Go to post as a new member . Sorry just don't under why ?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I have been a member a member of the AAW for 7 years . The email said I had to be approved to post and Go to post as a new member . Sorry just don't under why ?

There isn't a new forum, James, we just moved to a secure private server, but nobody's login credentials were lost in the process. The AAW forum is open to all woodturners, not just AAW members. In order to filter out spammers and other ne'er do wells we must vet all new forum members to verify that they are who they say that they are. We look at IP addresses, search public records, and the AAW member directory as part of the vetting process. It's extra work, but in the long run it saves us work by filtering the riffraff.

In your case I discovered that you were already a forum member registered as Chip Nasworthy. You had joined the forum on December 21, 2013 and had last logged in on May 24, 2020. Your previous account had a different email address from your current one which would have been a problem if you needed to reset your password or receive an email response from me or Emiliano. I have merged your old account info your new one so your username is now James Nasworthy. If you are still having problems logging into the forum please contact us at forum_moderator@aawforum.org.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I had to sign up under a new account because the new forum did not recognize my email or my name .How do I get my old account back .

You were originally registered using a yahoo email address which is different from your current gmail address.

Back